Thursday, May 26, 2016

Chapter Three

Photo by: The Wright Brother's 
Year : 1900
Texture: The texture of this photo will be the sand I thought of deserted and lonely in this photo because there's no one in this picture but the little boy.
Black and White Color: The color of this photo gives it a more dramatic effect in my opinion because if it was in color I don't think anyone will notice the bigger detail as in the fish and the boy. I also think the photographer did not have a choice of what he wanted to shoot this photo in because color photos were nonexistent until the late 1980's.
Quality of light will tie in this photo also because there is a glare and it seems like the photographer wants the viewers just to focus on the little boy holding the fish, as if the fish is very important to the photo.
I choose this photo because it had one subject to it and that's the little boy holding the fish. I wonder what the fish means to the photo because there is nothing else around besides a ladder. The photo was a mystery to me.
Photo by: Leonard Missone
Year: 1935
Depth of field ties in because the picture is close and it zooms out to get a bigger picture, and when I seen depth of field I focused more on the fog and the moon in the way back.
Feelings because I feel like the people in the photo don't know where they are going or don't want to go , and I feel that fog and the color of the picture sets a gloomy mood.
Backgrounds Compliments: In this photo I feel like there are many things that compete for the viewers attention. One is the two people and the horse carriage because you wonder where are they walking off to. The second thing that will compete for the viewers attention is the fog and the moon, this is what caught my eye because I thought the fog gave the picture a scary look.
I choose this photo because of the mood I got from it, very sad and the weather and the quality of the photo.
Photo by: Brent Stapelkemp
Year: 2012
Simple background I got from this photo because its all dirt with nothing behind the lions. I also got Subjects expression because the lions looked very relaxed and calm. The lions do not looked they are overly posed or put in that pose because to me this looks like two lions who may love each other, so therefore the mom and dad, or the mom and daughter. Rules of thirds because once you look at the photo you focus on the lions heads touching each other. I chose this photo because how I viewed the lions peaceful and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment