Monday, June 13, 2016

Chapter Eight


Photo By: Ed Clark
When I look at this photo I obviously see a black man crying playing an instrument, which I would describe this as Rules of thirds. The man is off centered and he is bigger than everything else that is in this photo. I feel like he is crying because something has hurt him and you never really see a man cry unless its very serious. In the background you see other races crying and they look upset also. The crying from the man and the people in the back will give you Feelings. As you look at the image more and more I feel like it just grows on you from looking at everyone's expression, maybe there could be connections to the photo from your personal life. So what I interpret from this photo is that maybe someone has passed that touch these people dearly. The word that I would like to use for this photo is community. I want to use community because back in the past there was a time where whites and blacks were separated and to see the white people and black man come together to send someone home is amazing. Also if you look in the background I see the women looking at the black man as if they are enjoying the man there and playing a good song. In this  photo I feel like its truth just because of what the occasion of this picture is you see tears, upset faces, and the gestures of the people look so real. Last but not least the color of the photo is Black and white which I feel if it was in color it wouldn't be so deep.
Photo by: David Parker
When it comes to truth in photojournalism , my truth can be different from someone else truth. When I picked this photo I seen truth in it. The photo does not seem edited or things probably weren't taking out. In this photo the focus is the baby and how he/she is living. Donald Weber stated in one of his articles is that "As a result, the guidelines of what "makes a good picture" have remained intact. It's focused on an ideal, the holy grail of the perfect picture, on picture raised above all else." Also in  a photo you will know its the truth by the emotion of the subjects expression. The emotion of the baby looks confused or he is wondering what is going on in this area that he is sitting in. When I look at the baby I feel bad because where he is living its very dirty and he looks abandoned and no child should live this way and this is what I think causes the image feeling. Why does their have to be so much garbage around, this makes me feel like that their could be diseases around, which could harm the baby. Emotion plays a big part with truth. With emotion you can tell things are not right and you could feel the emotion in the picture. Last but not least in this photo I see depth of field. When you look way back into the photo the train tracks lead to a mysterious person that makes you wonder if that is the child parent or is it a random person. 
Photo By: Mary Ellen Mark

Looking at this photo you can clearly see that this is not the truth for many reasons. One this little girl is holding a cigarette or whatever in her hand and posing. At this age of this little girl she should not being doing this and what mother would let her 7-9 year old child pose like this without stopping her. In this photograph it is Simple background because it just has grass and a little bit of tress. Also I feel like it is simple background because the photographer wants us to focus on the two little girls but mainly the one that is standing. The photo Contrast isn't really that different. I feel like the whole photo is the same color not that much light. The lightest parts is the pool and the little girls if the pool was a different color and the girls were a different race the photo will have no difference in color. If you look to the right of the little girl you could see a little Shadow , you will have to look deeply into the photo. This makes me think that the picture had much light and color. Once the photographer looked and edit the picture she changed it to black and white and kind of dimmed it . Whereas this photo would be bias. 

No comments:

Post a Comment